Housing Benefit Changing to Local Housing Allowance

Local Housing Allowance

Housing Benefit is going to change for people who are living in private rented accommodation.  From April 2008 the housing benefit payment will be known as the Local Housing Allowance (LSA).

So what is the Change?

The calculation will be based not on the rent amount, but will be calculated on the number of other key values.  These are listed below :-

  • The area that you are going to be living in
  • Who will be living with you
  • How much money you have coming into the family home
  • Any savings that you may have

This will be only affecting people who are going to be renting by a private landlord.